Sunday 12 April 2020

Unlocking the poet in me - A collection of latest poems. Read On.


Poem 10
I dreamt last night
I walked by the beach 
It’s a walk I always longed to do 
Just me in complete solitude 
The water bluer, than I had ever seen 
Cool winds running past my face 
My walk seemed alright in its pace 
Seagulls taking flight 
As the sun rose 
Emitting its rays of hope 
Sunkissed I then became 
Silence all around me 
Sounds of waves hitting rocks 
Temple bells somewhere in the distance 
Azaan too 
A music if it’s own 
Chirping birds nesting on trees 
Sharing a conversation filled with delight 
I slowdown my pace 
Pause. Breathe.
Reset. Reassess.
Heart leaps with joy 
I listen to the song
The song of the universe 
Tapping feet give way dance 
I feel lighter 
My soul it seems has found its calling 
My heart it’s voice
                 By Pallavi Lumba


Poem 9
Walking in different direction 
Towards the same common goal 
Differences in thought and views 
Casting the same away 
Just for today 
And so it will be 
For all days to come 
Days where there are no barriers
Co existing together you and I 
Bounded by a thread 
A thread of unity in diversity 
A wonderful day it surely is
I look within 
Positive. Hopeful. Joyful. Upbeat
That’s how I always want to be 
Sending love to universe 
So that it bounces back 
In multifolds 
Not to me alone 
Bounces back to all 
Under the same umbrella 
Of this huge vast universe 
            By Pallavi Lumba


Poem 8 

One flower said to another 
as long as the sun rises every day 
As long as the moon emits it’s light 
As long as the stars shine bright 
As long as there are rainbows 
And around it’s axis the earth rotates 
As long as there is air and water too 
There is hope 
And love too 
Let’s co exist 
So what if you are sunflower
And I daffodil 
Look there are lilies 
And roses too here
We coexist with each other 
Don’t way 
A lovely bouquet we make 
Each one unique in its own way 
Each one beautiful in its own way 

One flower said to another 
Thrive 
Bloom 
And along with you, I shall too. 
Together you and I 
Shall make this place 
A beautiful one
With our fragrances 
and our seeds 
Shall give rise to more flowers 
The world shall know 
The power of flowers 
By Pallavi Lumba 




Poem 7

The canvas was blank 
awaiting to be filled
Thought of colouring it 
But was not  in the mood to paint 
And so bought it to life 
 Straight from what came from within
I wrote and wrote 
Just what came to mind 
As is 
Without a moments rest
No fear or barriers blocking the mind 
Setting the soul free 
Letting the heart free 
letters soon shape to words
And words to sentences 
Sentences then formed
A story of their own
         By Pallavi Lumba


Poem 6 

Stories that are conveyed 
By the Footprints in the sand
Trails that are left behind 
Paths walked upon 
By the shore 
Horizons within the reach 
Dreams - those realised and not
Footprints in the sand 
Washed away by the waves 
What stays is but a memory. 
By Pallavi Lumba


Untitled Poem 5 

It’s a normal day like any other
Blaring horns I can hear
I look outside and see 
Cars driving past 
Oh dear, I thought
Didn’t realise 
I had got used to the silence 

A silence which had a beauty of its own 
A silence which I could hear 
A silence which made my heart beat
By Pallavi Lumba


Poem 4
Outside the window, I can see,
The blanket of sky, oh so blue
Empty roads and the sound of silence
Nature singing its own tune
Chirping birds and swaying trees
Depicting the delight that resides within
The wind blows across my face
Seems like a message
A message that conveys
Look within and around
And you shall find
Positivity that glows
Calmness that is radiated through your soul
You yourself are love
And love is you
And so, there is love all around, in peace and solitude
            By Pallavi Lumba


Poem 3
Night sky
Stars shine
It seems like fairies are dancing
Sounds of thunder follow
downpour of rain
Strong winds gush through
Rustling of the trees
Lightening strikes
Then it’s dawn
The sun rays pierce through the dark cloud
Emiting it’s own light
Giving hope
Spreading love
Spirits are lifted
Birds flying in the sky
Sounds of shank, Azaan and the temple bells
For once differences are put aside
Joyous hearts
Beating as one
As messengers of hope
As emissaries of love
A shoutout to all - come let’s spread our light
            By Pallavi Lumba


Poem 2
There is a soft gentle breeze
And it’s there throughout the day
The days no longer seem hot
The breeze makes for it
The birds seem happier by the day
Perching on the trees
The conversations they speak
It’s a delight hearing their voices
The day has its own charm
It’s a normal day
Devoid of the chaos
The city seems to be neater and cleaner now
Less crowded too
The heart is calmer now
The soul lighter too
            By Pallavi Lumba


Poem 1 

Empty Roads and Sunny Days
Clear blue skies and dancing clouds
Air that’s cool and unpolluted too
Never knew silence would be beautiful
Nights that bring some hope
The moon which shine with dignity and strength
Stars that shine oh so bright
There is hope
From dawn to dusk

Happiness, one which resides within
Joy which is a state of mind
Hope that’s the cornerstone
Fear and doubts are cast away
It’s a new day
A day which promises positivity
And boundless rays of hope

Look around and you shall see
Greener pastures and a neater city
Silence which speaks volumes
The chirping birds have a music of their own
The trees stand tall
Firmer in roots
Hear the silence and you shall know
Nature too has a story to tell

A story which says
We are bound as one
There is no difference in you and I
Cast away what you fear
Let’s spread our light
In our own way
In this journey - you and I
No matter where we come from
In this together - you and I
For you and I are one

One as humans first
One as the child, the above has created
By Pallavi Lumba









No comments:

Post a Comment