Monday 20 April 2020

Poem : the wonder woman i am


The wonder woman I am 

Where yesterday went by, I ain’t got a clue 
Today is a new day, there is so much to do 
The list is long and never ending too 

I wish I could I lay in bed all day 
But I have to make my own way 
Windows to clean and shelves to dust 
Dishes to wash and  floor to mop 
Food to cook and eat it too 
the hours go by 
there’s still so much to do 
24 hours seems less 
Now I am in distress 

home to declutter, never ending chores to finish  
Negativity, one has started to dismiss 
new skills to learn and deadlines to meet
Thought there would time, to go deep within 

I sit for a moment 
to  pause and reflect 
Today, there were no regrets

I had smiled all long 
Every chores I had done 
My life had expanded 
A song I had sung 
I had played with the cat 
My own back I should pat 

For being the wonder woman 
The woman I am 

By Pallavi Lumba 

No comments:

Post a Comment