Wednesday 22 April 2020

Monsoon diaries

Reading and for a minute I put the book away. I sit by the window, lost in my thoughts. There is a dash of lightning. In the dark skies, there is light. I get up to return to my book. The sound of pitter patter hits the ground and takes my attention away. I run to the window. Can it be raining? There is laughter outside. I look out. Down below, kids are jumping in joy, there is singing too as travellers are getting wet...ah, simple joys of life. I turn my face away. I want to run out but I restrain myself. I glance towards the window and I look outside yet again. A smile engulfs my face.

Thunderstorm. Rain is finally here. In times like this, I wish I could capture this moment. No wifi but that's immaterial now. I don't lose my cool.

In the silence of the night, there is magic. The universe has crafted a story of its own.

The heart suddenly seems lighter now. Ah, the calming effect of the rain. There is hope and love after all.

The wonders of the universe - so mystical and so magical.

#monsoondiaries #rain #stories #writing

No comments:

Post a Comment