Monday 10 August 2015

Poem : On being broken hearted

On Broken Hearted (April 15, 2008)

All of a sudden, you have taken a U - turn
A never seen before side has now emerged
Devoid of pain, denied of emotion
Leaving no room, for a thought or two
You shun me out completely
As if I am non existent commodity
And I wonder why I still like you!

I look back
At the moments spent
Of the smiles we shared
And the tears you would wipe away
The fights and then making up
All seemed worthwhile
Coz we both came around
On a common ground

On the phone, having coffee together
Looking out at the pelting rain
Or then seeing the world
Through each others eyes
All of it was so worthwhile

Talking to you took me to a different world
You were my strength, one I could call my own
With you around, nothing I feared
You were the balm that healed all wounds

And then suddenly everything seemed lost,
You left me all alone
When I needed you the most
Leaving me disillusioned
To face the world

Your voice, how I wish I could hear
The smile that existed on my face is no longer there
Tears now well up in my eyes
The pain and sadness, I can no longer hide

The old wounds come rushing by
Memories come haunting by
I wonder if you know what I am going through
It isnt easy..Its tough
but life moves on and they say thats a mustt
Straight from the heart these are wishes for you
Strange as it sounds but its true
betrayal, hurt, pain I hope you get none
I pray to god, to give you strength
Wishing you happiness and sunshine – a perfect blend

I hope to survive, on my own
taking life along, as it comes
notes to play and tunes to hum
chords to strike, I am now trying to find
and then I see your number and want to call back life
and I wonder if you would pick up, for if you answer, it would end my strife..

and then I pause and think otherwise
I put the phone away
thinking of a newer day...I put on a smile not to show my wounds
not thinking of what went wrong
cause I aint got a clue...
Deeply embedded in my heart, you shall always stay
and I lock it away keeping the keys aside
and in some portion of the heart, you shall always reside

I hope you are happy in that you do
I hope all your desires and wishes
all that you hoped for come true

I hope you carry on from strength to strength
believing in yourself and smiling on
and when you reach the pinnacle of success
Far way in a distance, I shall be smiling, cheering for you
as you would have found your place in the sun


and hopefully, you would have also found your chosen one...

No comments:

Post a Comment